MZ-S - 0.75X
N1 - 0.73X
Minolta 9 - 0.73X
EOS 1V - 0.72X
EOS 3 - 0.72X
EOS 7 - 0.7X
F100 - 0.7X
F5 - 0.7X

Mind you that the magnification alone do not determine the viewing quality. The quality of the eyepieces is equally important, or more. The major reason those MZ bodies have poor viewing quality is that they all have uncoated highly distorted plastic eyepieces. MZ-S is the only exception. The eyepieces of the Z-1p are composed of 3 elements, while the inner 2 are coated, the outer one is uncoated plastic which degrades the contrast and colour. Z-1p is still ok for manual focus most of the time, but there are times I have found manual focus with MX (which has the highest magnification of all) is a lot easier.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

Alan, (and other wizards of course <grin>) do you happen to know whether there exists an AF camera (of any manufacturer) who boasts more than 0.8 viewfinder magnification? I realize that cameras such as F-5 having 100% coverage would give slightly better viewfinder picture. But I was wondering more about magnification, regardless of coverage...