On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 13:15, Harold Owen wrote:
> John wrote:-
> >

> > Why not include a link?
> >
> > http://s28489807.einsundeinsshop.de/sess/utn153ea079899f631/
> > shopdata/0070_Digital+-+Cameras/0150_Pentax/product_overview
> > .shopscript
> >
> > or:
> >
> > http://makeashorterlink.com/?O25754EC5
> >
> > John
>
> At the request of Frits Wüthrich I did supply the name of the German
> company and the website address, as the site is available in various
> languages I did not think it was beyond the abilities of Pentax owners
> to find the relevant information on that site appertaining to their
> particular language.  :-)
>
> There is now another German dealer (AC-Foto) quoting a price for the
> Pentax *istD at 1,797.00 euros (£1241), whilst the New York Camera price
> was 1699.00 euros (£1173).
>
> I am not sure whether the AC-Foto  price includes a lens as they quote
> for body only on some of the other Pentax models  listed. Perhaps
> someone from Germany could check on this?
>
> The website for AC-Foto is:-
>
> http://www.ac-foto.de/ger/produkte.php
>
> I must stress that I have had no dealings with either of these companies
> but I have in the past purchased photographic items from Germany via
> mail order and there were no additional taxes to pay here in the U.K.
>
> Cheers - Harry
>

> Harold Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

And I appreciated that link very much Harold. Looking at the info at the
AC Fotoversand web page it doesn't look like it comes with a lens, it
just says it is compatible with many lenses. So NY Camera seems to be
cheaper. If you order with a credit card though they will ad another 3%.
--
Frits Wüthrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>