Hi Rob,

> Does the istD come with RAW software?  If I were to buy a jap import,
> would I get an english version of the software?  Is this kind of stuff
> downloadable normally?

All Canon cameras come with RAW software.  The 10D comes with a driver
for most Windows systems, download/view software, RAW-converter,
panorama stitching software, etc.  I assume that Pentax will too.

English will probably always be incuded.  Canon ships 2 or three
languages on a given CD but not ALL languages.  I have a Canon CD with
English and German and another with Spanish, French and English.  Pentax
might do the same.

I thought everything is available for download, but based on some other
answers, I am not sure any more.

Cheers,
Boz