Exactly what you say about NetCOMM is what keeps me using my version
(4.79 for the Mac), altho' I'm aware that it's a dead end product.
It's official that it will not be supported with upgrades or bug fixes
any more.
One of the Mozilla products (http://www.mozilla.org/) will take up the
slack, however, and those folks are adamant about the quality of the
product... so maybe we won't really be left out in the cold after all!

keith whaley