Wow, Keith,

You must be a doctor or something, eh?

But, seriously, I know several others who have reported fewer colds once they started
wearing hats once the weather gets cold.  I have two theories.

One is that since up to 25% of body heat is lost through the head during cold weather,
a hat
will obvously stop much of that heat loss, thus keeping the entire body warmer, and
better
able to fend off cold germs (I know, it's a virus...).  This obviously flies in the
face of
scientific evidence which claims that a colder environment in and of itself does not
increase our chances of catching a cold.  OTOH, they used to think that there was
nothing
was smaller than an atom...

My second theory (which is more likely to be true) is that the majority of hat wearers
are
(ahem) more mature gentlemen.  The older we get, the fewer colds we get, because we
can only
catch each of the 150 or so strains of cold once.  So, the older we get, the fewer cold
viruses there are that we haven't already caught, and become immune to.  Of course, if
that's the reason, there's no causal relationship to hat-wearing and cold resisitance.

Whatever...  More of my usual OT drivel.

cheers,
frank

--
"Hell is others"