Keith Whaley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Rob Studdert wrote:
>>
>> On 18 Sep 2003 at 5:25, Keith Whaley wrote:
>>
>> > A space is not a definable as a 'thing.'
>>
>> It's not a space it's a white line and a black line
>
>Okay, I read you.
>But, stay with me now, if all you have is a piece of white paper, on
>which reside some straight black lines, and if you slide two of the
>lines together so they have a line width's of distance between them,
>what's in between could be a white line or it could be merely a space.
>Especially if they're on a white piece of paper.

I think the reason people are having a problem with this is because
they're stuck with the ink/paper analogy. This is *just* an analogy.
With light images there's no foreground or background. It isn't white on
a black background or black on a white background. It's a white line
next to a black line.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing