On 21/9/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] disgorged:

>> Damn. And on my G4 Apple, I'm using an Epson scanner, an Epson printer,
>> an ACOM firewire drive, a couple of IBM SCSI drives, and four PCI cards
>> from several manufacturers. Now you tell me that Apple doesn't support
>> anything but Apple hardware? Maybe I'm just lucky, because all of my
>> gear runs flawlessly.
>
>I must be lucky too, my W2K work-station has been logged onto my server for
>over 14 days and has transferred over 8,000,000 packets on my 100Mbit
network
>without error (it's been up for over 80days without a crash in the past and
>that's under hard use). My NT4 server well that's another matter, it's
>often up
>for over a year at a time.
>
>Computers are tools not religions.

I bought a LaCie Firewire 52x CDRW and attached it to a Blue and White G3
assuming I would have to plug and pray. It worked out of the box, no
driver, no software no nuthin. I can now burn in a couple of minutes
rather than the 20 it took me before. I kneel before it each morning ;-)

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__
Free UK Mac Ads www.macads.co.uk