Thanks Jostein, et al.

It would appear that it is indeed weak batteries. It's too late tonight to
shoot a bunch of exposures to totally confirm this, but the LED indicator
lights in the viewfinder do seem a bit brighter, and the camera hasn't hung
up yet since the new batteries.

BTW, I am totally thrilled with the cut and feel of the LX. I would say to
all K2 owners, though: The LX is not THAT much of a step up from the K2DMD.
Especially given that you can get one for half the price of the LX, and give
up (mainly) TTL flash, the K2's a very nice camera.

Sid B