Perspicacious, eh?  Sweaty?  grin.
No one's mentioned photography's magic dirty little
secret:  What you choose to show is vital.  What percentage
of your shots would you show on PUG, for example?

For me, right now, selecting shots to scan/keep is
the real magic.  I mean, you should see some of the
rejects.....

mike wilson wrote:
Hi Frank,

You wrote:

First, I think one should remember that one doesn't simply "become" an artist.
It's a journey;  an ongoing process.  Especially with photography, where anyone
can pick up a point and shoot and snap a pic, it's possible that "art" can be
(even unwittingly) produced with no thought whatsoever.  The thing about the
monkeys at the typewriters eventually doing Shakespeare's plays applies much
more so to photography.  I daresay that a chimp with an automatic camera may
eventually take a meaningful photograph, even without knowing what they're
doing.  Does that make the photograph in question any less "art" than any other
photograph?  I don't think so.

So, you like fishing then?  Because that's a bigger jar of worms you've
opened there than even "film vs digital" as Bob W. has so well
illustrated.  I am really looking forward to some of the responses from
the more perspicacious members of this list.

mike

p.s. this email is a work of art.