----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 9:00 PM
Subject: RE: istD test

> My proposal was so that it could be seen on a webpage
> and is relavent for those of us who use digital printing
> techniques. Not many people are doing color without
> digital today. Some claim its even better than "wet"
> (color, not B&W) if you use the best scanners, printers,
> and papers....I'm getting great color via digital printing
> of film but the BW is not even close to wet, at least
> on my system. I think the problem is the printer (Epson 1280).
> With only one shade of black ink, it has to do too much
> dither, and it aint accurate....

It's just not an accurate test though.
Those who claim it scanning is better than wet printing have never seen a
fine quality wet print.
The thing is, pretty much anyone with a computer and an editing program can
churn out work that is better than a machine print, and this is the
benchmark people use.
I just think thatif you are going to benchmark something, it should be with
that technology's actual benchmark.

William Robb