Paul Eriksson wrote:

> What's the general opinion of this lens?  Compared to the FA*
> 200mm f/2.8, F 100mm macro f/2.8 and the F 70-210mm f/4-5.6?
> What about the weight?

In three words: pretty darn nice. I can't compare it to any of the
lenses you cite, but compared to my SMCA 70-210/f4 it's a (subjective)
order of magnitude sharper, even at or near wide-open. It *is* heavy,
which for me meant having to regroove my panning technique. Handheld,
especially when panning, it's easy to turn the zoom ring without
meaning to -- to the point that I've been toying with the idea of
fabricating some kind of pistol grip to screw into the tripod collar.
(Cotty, got any table legs left? ;-)

Bought mine used (EX+ from KEH) fairly high in the 3-figure range,
and haven't regretted it for a moment.

Best regards,

Stephen