Graywolf wrote:

>Well, you ought to teach your kids these things. I wasn't and could not
understand why I was was being punished for calling one of my classmates
a horror*, which she was. We were about 10, and I didn't even know the
other word that sounds the nearly the same. I simply had never heard the
other word. Nobody believes in innocence (grin).

* horror (noun)
4.    Informal. Something unpleasant, ugly, or disagreeable.

>The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition
copyright © 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version
licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution
restricted in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States.
All rights reserved.

reply:

Sounds like you were definitely a little horror.

Marnie aka Doe ;-)