Chris Brogden wrote:

> The internet encourages plagiarism, so the seller may not know or care
> that it was wrong to do so.  I checked out the page,
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2563924879
>
> and he definitely claims that he had you describe it for him.  I'd send
> him an email explaining why you want him to either credit you, rewrite the
> info himself, or end the auction.  If he doesn't reply ASAP, file a
> complaint with eBay.  Or... since he put in writing that you performed a
> service for him as a professional, send him a bill for your services, and
> let him know that you intend to pursue it in a court of law if he refuses
> to pay, since the evidence is right there on the auction page.  :)
>
> chris

Some may remember the guy who stole pictures from someone here (was it your
listing, Chris?)
a while back and the colorful way in which he was punished for same  -  For
those of you
who are more recent or were off list then, the ebay person just used hrefs to
show our guy's
photo of a pentax.  Someone with more gray cells could retell the story -
which I thought
worth repeating for the entertainment value.

Following that, I read an article in the NY times where a reporter who was
writing about ebay
actually boasted about how clever she was in borrowing a picture from another
ebayer.  The
next week a letter to the editor appeared that pointed out the error of her
ways.

I've taken to signing my displays although the stuff I sell is not so often
something that there
are many of.

It is definitely against the rules at ebay, though writing the guy before
contatcting ebay
seems like a good idea.

annsan