> UPDATE:
>
> The basic mod is pretty simple -- changing M to A.
> And you don't have to modify anyting.
>
> 1)  set the lens to the minimum aperture.  f22, etc.
> 2)  short the A pin to the body or lens.  Use a piece of foil or 32 awg wire.
>
> Without the lens information pins you'll not get matrix metering but you will get
> automatic modes of operation.

Unfortunately you will get automatically wrongly-exposed images.

The aperture actuator is designed for an "A" lens, and will *not*
stop a "K" or "M" lens down to the correct setting; theresponse
of the mechanisms is different.

My calculations haven't been confirmed yet, but I believe the
error will always be to over-expose (which is bad for digital).
It will be by less than a stop at wide apertures, but the error
will increase as the lens is asked to stop down further.  The
maximum exposure error depends critically on the exact motion,
which I haven't measured, but looks like well over two stops.