> One really nice thing about digital photography as far as the educator
> is concerned is that the camera records all the settings along with the
> image.  With a conventional film camera there's no way that anyone can
> tell whether I was using an auto-exposure mode or doing things manually.
> (That's why many photography courses ban the use of automatic cameras).
> With a digital system the evidence is stamped into the image. If memory
> cards are collected in the field at the end of the exercise it's going

There is at least one 35mm camera that does imprint the film negative with a
number and keeps a record of all the settings used for each negative
corresponding to that image.  I'm not sure if it records whether or not the
mode the camera was in or not.  Unfortunately it's not a pentax, but rather
a Minolta Maxxum 7.  However getting the same record out of the camera in
print for a couse instructor would be impossible I fear unless there is more
to that function then I realise.  Just a bit of trivia and possibly
something Pentax might consider for their future film cameras.

David