>The great equalizer is film holders. Either carry a lot of them, I
think I
>carry 20, or carry film in a box and take a dark tent with you
everywhere
>you go.
>With bracketing, even 20 holders can go quickly with an interesting
subject.

I was lucky enough to get four excellent condition grafmatics very
cheaply when I first started out in 4x5. I've since picked up another
ten in varying conditions for as little as AUD$10 each, so I can shoot a
couple of packets of film at a time if I like. So much more convenient
than double darks.
My standard bag holds the Speed Graphic, spot meter, 4 grafmatics, spare
board (usually with 90mm on it) and sundry small items. It is a lot
lighter than my 6x7 bag with one body, meter prism, digital spot meter,
105, 135, 165 and tubes.

BTW, if anyone knows of a JOBO 3010 expert drum going cheaply I'd like
to know.

Paul Ewins
Melbourne, Australia