HI,
   HyperManual & spotmetering is IMO the best feature of any program
   SLR ever! Works wonders. Especially with fill-in flash set to
   -1.3 or even less fill. The HyperManual is Pentax's most useful
   asset for creative photography, including fast paced reportage.
   Being able to meter a midtone subject by spotmeter and instantly
   have the exposure adjusted to it, than change to another midtone
   subject if lighting/subject changes, and all this AT TOUCH OF ONE
   BUTTON (instead of fiddling with two separate wheels trying to
   match a bar reading of how many stops I am off the correct exp.
   like with Nikons or Canons), is most useful. Because it GIVES ME
   CONTROL, and AT FAST PACE.

   Too bad I don't have the money for IstD (being way too expensive
   over here, compared to other DSLRs)  :-((

   Frantisek