I don't have any exposure problems either. On average I have about the
same success ratio as I had with the MZ-S, which has a *very* good
meter. I'm talking ambient metering here.

Digital TTL flash metering is not as consistent, but it's a different
sort of ttl (not true ttl) and I hear this complaint from a lot of
Nikon and Canon dslr users employing various models.

tv