> OK, I've read through the last few digests and learned all about how the
> *istD feels, who would like which knobs in different places and so.  Don't
> you guys take pictures with those things?

Naah - why would we do that?

Actually my other half has me fairly busy this weekend, so I can't get
out and play with the toy today.  And on Friday several work-related items
kept me busier than I had hoped.  U've managed to take a few shots just
to get the feel of it, but nothing I'd care to show to anybody else.
It doesn't help that I'm currently without my two main walking-around
lenses, either - the 28-105 and my recently-accquired 80-320 are both
in at the repairers getting minor items fixed (the 28-105 is misaligned,
and the chip in the 80-320 appears to be non-functional).  Thanks to
Adoram not shipping when they told me they would I missed what I had
hoped would be the first test shoot at the local Renaissance Faire.

I'll see if I can find time to take a quick patrol around the local
neighbourhood and see if anyone has a good Halloween display set up.