John,

After my last two Epsons kept clogging, I finally went the HP route
too.  I have been much happier with overall usage of this printer
(7350 - six color) including feel (touch) of the prints and their
hardiness.  Once dry, they seem to be nicer than the Epson prints -
this is all using the manufacturer's paper and inks.  As far as image
quality is concerned, they are very close - I suspect very slight edge
to the Epson, but you would have to do a side by side to notice.

---
Bruce