>The alternative is to go with interchangable lens rangfinder designs, which
would be the digital equivalent of the Leica M cameras.
Unfortunately, rangefinder designs are somewhat limited in what focal
lengths are usable becuase of limitations in viewfinders.
A zoom rangefinder is certainly possible, they are done all the time, but
focal lengths are still limited to around 200mm (on the 35mm format) before
there are too many optical deficiencies introduced, and the rangefinder
optic becomes too cumbersome.
Also, with this sort of design, you are looking at entirely new lenses that
will transmit focal length information to the camera so that it can adjust
the rangefinder focal length to match.

>All in all, it seems to me that the SLR concept is one of those things that
ain't broke, so isn't really worth fixing.

>William Robb

Aha. Thanks. Clarifies things.

Marnie aka Doe