On 30 Oct 2003 at 12:42, Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:

> I have not had similar problems from this same lab in the past
> (which means that the test above is likely to be a waste). I will scan
> the blotch (our lab is closed today :-() and do the sacrificial
> film test though!

In all seriousness, labs scratching films is my pet hate, it hasn't happened to
me since I started shooting digital :-)

> I guess William is recommending to shoot the whole film with the back
> open (so as to leave the leader out when rewinding), am I right?

Inspect the film cavity, guide rails and rollers inside the camera and blow out
any debris. You might try to find some out of date films to run through the
camera as you would with the back closed. If you don't have a film picker or
other device that can retrieve the film leader then just pop the top off the
canister and pull the whole spool out for visual inspection.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998