On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, William Robb wrote:

> If the dust specks on the prints are white, it's the lab. If they are black,
> the camera is at fault (dust in the camera getting onto the film).
> Can you scan the blotch and send me a jpeg?

http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~kavousan/blotch.jpg (12KB)

http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~kavousan/scratches.jpg (48KB)

If you want more detail, just replace jpg with tif (the latter is near
3MB; negs scanned at 1500ppi on a CoolScan 4000).

Let me know when you are done so as to remove them.

Thanks for offering to take a look and for all the tips (same goes to
everyone who has contributed so far or will do so in the future).

Kostas