>Not an endearing review.  He covers all the relevant points I think, both
good and bad, but seems to do so from an unfavourable predisposition.  Cant say
any of his facts are incorrect, but everything seems tinged with bias, and I
don't agree with many of his handling complaints which is purely subjective.

I think I am fairly unbaised (not being as pro-Pentax as many), and, yes, in
my opinion it's a biased review.

He says the *istD has nothing special to offer, then comments the metering is
the best he's ever seen.

Duh.

I think that is something Pentax has always tended to excel in. Don't know
that much about it, but it seems that way.

So curious, I went to read the 10D review. Funny, in some ways the pictures
of the *istD were in many ways better (which surprised me, actually). Or at
least, they were definitely put to a harder test, a higher standard -- more light
and dark and contrast.

(BTW - I'm not that happy with either 10D or *istD -- just from what I am
reading and seeing -- i.e. reaffirming that I think I am pretty unbiased.)

Conclusion: I couldn't ever take this guy seriously. dpreview is better.

Marnie aka Doe