På 11. nov. 2003 kl. 21.27 skrev wendy beard:

Someone on one of the mailing lists I'm on needed photographs for one of the
chapters in her soon to be published book. One of the stipulations from the
publisher was that they were not to be digital photographs as they didn't
reproduce well.
Anyone heard of such a thing? It certainly surprised me to hear it.
Is it ~that~ obvious if a photograph is digital? If I took a file down to my local photolab and got them to print up an 8x10, is anyone going to know that it wasn't from film?
Hot Air, misinformation or what?

Some publishers still do not want files, especially not from digital cameras. From what I´ve heard there are several reasons: Some surface structures are subject to moire, they have seen too many pictures ruined because they were made with low resolution cameras and they have seen some very bad scanning through the years. They do not want to find this out too late in the printing process, even most of the problems have been solved with new equipment.

DagT