On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Mark Roberts wrote:

> No. You'd have to compare a 450/2.8 FULL IMAGE CIRCLE lens on a film
> camera to a 300/2.8 limited image circle lens on a digital camera.
Allright, but it doesn't matter. If 300/2.8 FULL IMAGE CIRCLE lens
is two times smaller than 400/2.8 for film, then 300/2.8 limited image
circle lens on a digital camera would be probably about three timnes smaller than
450/2.8
FULL IMAGE CIRCLE lens on a film camera. So we have come to conclusion
that 16-45 is quite big compared to hypothetical 24-70/4 on 35mm camera,
but longer lenses (equivalents) would be much smaller. But it is normal,
you have to bear in mind, that 16-54 has to have similar optical
construction to 16-54 for full frame coverage, it just has to throw
smaller image circle. And 16-54 f4 full image circle lens would be much
bigger than DA 16-45.

--
Regards
Sylwek