keith whaley wrote:
>Why would you assume that? Do you mean you believe that they might be in
dire financial straights?

Keith, I may have misread the article, but it seemed it was saying that
number of film camera sales was way below what Nikon expected.

That says to me -- let's say Nikon is divided into departments -- a film
camera section and a digital section -- that the film camera section is not cost
effective anymore. I.E. They are losing money on it.

Does not mean, the CoolPixs, that the digital camera section is not doing
well. But usually when a company closes down a whole department for which they
are still selling products, it means that department is in the red and may be
dragging other departments down as well.

Hard to draw a conclusion about Nikon's overall financial situation, and I
don't read stock market stuff, but I think it's safe to draw the conclusion they
aren't making enough money on film cameras to make it worth it for them.

Probably "on the ropes" was a bit too strong.

Marnie aka Doe   And think of all those film people laid off.