On Saturday, November 15, 2003, at 04:45 PM, Leon Altoff wrote:

.

I can't remember if you are supposed to over expose or underexpose to get better saturation in rainbows, it's one of the two.

You should underexpose a meter if your using a conventional in camera meter. If I had to meter with an averaging meter or center weighted meter, I would go two stops under and bracket. If I had my spotmeter, I would take a reading right in the middle of the colored bands and go with that. If you treat it as 18% gray, you'll get rich color.
Paul