Nope. I looked at all the images of sun dogs, and it wasn't such a phenomenon.
These were stretched out, kind of "ropy" alto-cumulous clouds, lying
side by side, until stretched by upper level winds.
They looked like long strings of homemade sausages run over by a roller,
and then stretched out westward toward the setting sun...
And the sun colored all of them with the rich red and orange colors you
get briefly at the end of some days.
Lovely!

I'll be ready next time!  <g>   - -  keith