From:  Mark Cassino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>My Sigma 14mm f3.5 works fine, but by it's nature (front
>element is a semi-sphere) it picks up all sorts of flare. The 17-28 fisheye
>loses too much of the fisheye effect - at 17mm it seems to have the AOV of
>a 20mm (judging by the finder) but has too much distortion to look good,
>and not enough distortion to look like a cool fisheye. So it just looks
>like a wide angle lens with bad distortion. Ug.

Hallo Mark,
as I read you have the Fisheye-Zoom an also a 14mm lens.

Therefore it will be interessting for you to see that there is a easy
way to correct the distortion of the fisheye lens

I have writen a little report about:
Using the F 3.5-4.5/17-28 Fisheye-Zoom plus the freeware program PTLens
gives a lens of about 15-26/3.5-4.5

A detailed explaination with pictures (sorry, up to now only in
German, but look at the pictures or use Altavista translator)

http://www.mycroft.de/dptlens.htm

An animation of the result and the link for the installation of the free
program:

http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/index.html

It would be interessted to see a comparision between a real
super wide angle of 14mm and the fisheye zoom  with correction.

Could you do such a test?

Regards
Rüdiger