Hi,

I'm going digital and an considering the Optio 555. I understand it has two macro modes: one focuses to about 5", the other to about 3/4". I want to be able to photograph insects which will probably fly off long before you get within an inch of them so I expect I'd be using the other close-up mode most of the time.

Does anyone know if it can focus to 5" at the telephoto end or just at the widest? What kind of magnification is possible?

Even more important, quality. If you have one of these, are you happy with it?

Thanks.

Gary J Sibio
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.earthlink.net/~garysibio/

You know you're having a bad day when Elton John rewrites the lyrics to "Candle in the Wind" for you.