previously written:

Anyway, the silver oxide bats in one of my LX gave out yesterday right in
the
middle of shooting, and since it's replacement time, I'd like to go with the
definitely (for me) longer lasting lithiums.
A volt is a volt, what diff should it make if it comes from a lith or an
alkaline or silver oxide battery?

There are slight differences in how different types of batteries deliver the
voltage. I seem to remember that one of the early Nikon cameras (F2 maybe)
didn't do well with anything but silver oxide batteries. It won't do any
harm though. Since the feedback from the group is that it works fine in
their LXen I would guess it will work fine. The battery designation is 1/3n,
2L76, or 58, depending on manufacturer.

Butch

Each man had only one genuine vocation - to find the way to himself.

Hermann Hesse (Demian)