Thanks heaps for your comments guys!

Cory, it is funny you should say that actually!  I was going to post
yesterday, when Herb etc were debating about PDML'ers who don't shoot enough
etc.  Currently,I shoot about 20-30 rolls per week.  Of this, 1-2 is "just
for fun", 15-20 are for work,
and on average, I would shoot at least 2-3 rolls per week of my kids!!  VERY
expensive indeed.  The girls at the local lab (where I send my personal
stuff, not work) just roll their eyes in exasperation when i arrive there a
couple of times a week and dump
a handful of film on their counter!  Mind you, the kids are obviously very
used to it.  My 5yo was making a sandwich today and came in holding up a
piece of cheese.  He said "mummy, i don't think you've taken a photo of me
with a piece of cheese ever".  Hmmmm, I was like, "ummm, you don't need to
have a photo of EVERYTHING that you do matey." To which he answered "well,
you take a photo of me doing everything else, and i eat cheese EVERY day on
my sandwich so i thought you'd like a photo of it too..."

Plus, he told his teacher the other day, when asked about what "mummies do"
in the home (they were learning about gender roles etc", and of course his
answer was "mummies give cuddles, and they read stories, and they cook yummy
jam drops (a cookie that i bake him)... oh, and they take photos of
EVERYTHING i do...." (apparently, he "rolled" his eyes whilst making the
comment!).

So, yep, having kids sure does keep the photography bank in the red, BUT it
makes for lots of practice, and many GREAT memories to show them when they
grow up.

Sylwek said: "Beautifull children and shots Tanya! Gotta think about at
least one of  this small gizmos :-) Just another reason to take more and
more photos :-)"

Sylwek, not sure if the "small gizmos" you were referring to were my kids or
the little 50mm lens that I used, but either way, they are both great to
play with! lol.

David, i'd love to see some pics of your little miracle!  congratulations on
his arrival!  he is getting to a lovely age, plenty of cute smiles to
photograph, and once he is sitting on his own, it makes life alot easier
too!

Bruce, it is a nice light lens, and great focal length.  Probably wouldn't
be able to use it for shooting kids other than my own though as it distracts
them too much when you get that close to them, and can be difficult to get
natural expressions.  Will keep using my 135mm I think, but for my kids they
beg me to take their photos and the closer the better!

tan.x.