On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:59:58 -0800, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

>1) How many have totally given up shooting film and have moved
>completely to digital (That means no film and film cameras in your
>equipment cabinet)?

I have 4 camera bodies.  *istD, 2 x MZ-S and an MX which was my first
SLR and I keep for sentimental reasons and for long exposures.  So no I
haven't.

>2) How many are in the process of doing so (like Bruce, who is actually
>selling equipment) as opposed to "thinking about it," which doesn't
>count in this survey.

I'm not even thinking about it with the current level of digital
technology.  When we hit 24 megapixels with 3 colours per pixel, I will
start thinking about it.  I am also going to keep shooting Kodachrome
until I can no longer get it.  I do not think I will be buying another
film body.

>3) How many have made the switch to digital, but keep a film camera
>around for one reason or another, although you do not use, and have not
>used, the film camera since acquiring your digital camera?

I have used and continue to use the my film cameras.  They are
different tools for different jobs.

>4) To put the numbers in perspective, how many list members are there.

Lots.  Most of them are fairly quiet though.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon