Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>A few years ago I used to religiously follow UK supermarke twine guru
>Malcolm Gluck's advice in the Guardian newspaper ('Superplonk'). Accused
>of always recommending wine, he was challenged to do just the opposite
>and highlight wine that should be missed at every opportunity. The two
>columns he wrote, I cut out and have adorned our kitchen notice board for
>years. I present them here:
>
>[NOTE: written about 1992 or so - and taken tongue in cheek. And yes, we
>Brits get hammered as well - smile!]

<snip>

>Regard all self-proclaiming organic wines with intense
>suspicion.

I been told that there are some reputable California vineyards
(Kendall-Jackson being one) that produce all their wine entirely
organically... and put no indication of the fact on their labels or
anywhere in their advertising precisely because they believe it will
scare people off!

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing