Hmmm, I am SLOWLY getting there William.  My "rates" are slowly climbing,
but I know for a fact that I am still the cheapest in the area by hundreds
of $$$.  As I said in a post yesterday, I still find myself apologising to
people regularly for "being so expensive" and trying to justify the costs to
them.  Also, I tend to buckle when under pressure and like to make myself
available to everyone regardless of their budget.  I did a wedding just two
weeks ago for $700. *eek*, of which, I made a grand total of $0. BUT, the
couple were so happy with their pics that they have since come back and
ordered double that in enlargements and gifts for their family, so I think
that it does pay in the long run to be within peoples reach.  OTH, I just
took a booking from a lady in Brisbane, who was so excited after seeing my
website that she phone me and said "i don't care what you cost, I want you
and only you, and I want the works".  She then offered to pay for me to stay
at the Hilton Hotel in Brisbane!  Woohoo, luxury baby, and not a smelly
nappy in miles!!  I'd do the bloody wedding for free, just to get an all
expenses paid trip to BrisVegas...

In regards to the *ist D - it seems that with my line up of lenses, it would
probably be unwise to NOT purchase the 18-35mm, even though I don't go wide
angle very often.  So, I will keep my ear to the ground and see what becomes
available after Christmas.  Still planning on leasing at this stage
though...

tan.