On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Francis Alviar wrote:
> How about an FA 50mm f/1.4 coupled with a 2x extender?  Will it be
> as sharp as say an FA 100mm f/2.8 macro?

Probably not.  The teleconverters are generally designed to work a
variety of lenses and need to make some compromises.  The 50/1.4 plus
teleconverter will almost definitely have more elements than the
100/2.8.

Pentax teleconverters don't autofocus either.

I can't find my 2X-S right now, but I remember it reporting funny
f-stops to my *ist D (but that might have only been when using it with
a Tamron Adaptall lens).

alex