"Doug Franklin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 00:14:19 -0500, Juey Chong Ong wrote:
>
>> e.g. a font size of 10px is going to look smaller on a 96ppi
>> display than a 72ppi display.
>
>This is one of my pet peeves and the easiest way except for using Flash
>to get me to go away.  On my 19" display at 1600 x 1200, a 10 pixel
>font requires a magnifying glass.  Some jerks specify six and eight
>pixel fonts.  I assume they don't want my custom and move on.
>
>> I suggest that you specify font size in points rather than pixels.
>
>I fully concur.  Or even the relative size names like "normal",
>"smaller", "small", "larger", "large", "x-large", etc.

The best way is to not set font size in either points *or* pixels: Use
relative font sizes, either with "size=xx%" in style sheets or with +/-
settings in the "FONT" tag (font size=-1 or font size=+2, for example).
That way all your site's visitors can set the page to look the way they
like. (This is especially important for visually impaired users.)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing