> Rob Studdert wrote:
>
> > I see there has been an avalanche of responses thus far..
> >
> > Maybe you can enlighten us to the reasons for your feelings?

OK, reply as follows. There are many contradictions, but please allow this
one off, as thinking out loud.

I suppose the biggest thing you should take into consideration is that when
people look at your picture, they're not looking at your darn camera. No-one
will give a stuff about the camera that took the picture except the
photographer.

The *ist D isn't built to the same manufacture build as an LX, but then what
would it have cost if it had?

The *ist D isn't my favourite camera to use, but, aaargh!, it gets the
results. I am not it's greatest fan, but it does the business.

Camera shops are full of people buying digital cameras - but as an addition
to their computer; not necessarily because of any interest in photography.
Many are they who have left their (35mm) cameras to rot in a cupboard.

The thing that concerns me is that my three children live in the world of
now - and they, their friends and most of their parents exist in the world
of digital photography. Everything is click, send you the picture tonight or
show you the print tomorrow.

I go into a shop now and regardless how I think, most of it is made over to
digital photography. Much as I would like to say no to the loss of film,
it's happening.

Now, do I accept the fact that digital is the way (?), and start to sell my
film gear on eBay (keeping at least a couple of film cameras), or do I
accept that the cameras I really enjoy using myself will be collectors items
or bookends?

Malcolm