Dave Miers wrote:

> > I suppose the biggest thing you should take into
> consideration is that
> when
> > people look at your picture, they're not looking at your
> darn camera.
> No-one
> > will give a stuff about the camera that took the picture except the
> > photographer.
>
> I assume you were not counting the people on this list
> because if you were to post a really good image with out
> including the equipment and settings used......that would be
> most of these characters first question I'd bet...lol

I take what you say with the spirit it's intended, but I find with digital,
most of the 'magic' has gone; all the poor shots simply won't be saved.

I certainly wouldn't place anyone here in that category, but no one will
explore why it's a poor shot. It will all be a case of 'that's good enough
for...(add e-mail to relatives or look good enough for a website)'.

Of course, it may be a good thing to get more people involved in
photography, in that some have some real talent and enjoy it for the hobby
it is, rather than a computer add on.

The simply fact is that most new camera sales fall one of two ways; digital
or single-use. I don't like that much but tough, I've got to learn to live
with it.

Malcolm