On 21 Mar 2001, at 21:42, Darren & Tara Sutherland wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with either P67 165mm lens...or both?  I am
> asking for a friend.  He's trying to determine which is the best choice.
> He's mostly doing portraiture and large group (ie. sports teams)
> photography.  His primary concern is optical performance.  The optical
> formula seems to be different (I guess to allow for the Leaf Shutter) with
> each, but we have not been able to determine if one out-performs the other.
>
> Thanks,
> Darren S.
> Vancouver, BC
> Canuckland

I don't own one of these (yet) but have used them on several
occasions, the 165 F4LS is a really good performer, the only
other lens in that range I have used is the 135mm Macro
(should get the results back later today).

BTW, If your friend is in Vancouver (as am I) both Leos
and Beau Photo now rent 67II systems - Leos has the
165/4 and Beau is waiting for theirs.  I think Leos actually
has both lenses, may be worth a call?

Cheers!
Brian