I knew I was paying a premium by buying the *ist-D locally, but I want to be
able to get service from them later, and what better way than to make them
realize that there is at least one person in Iceland who buys Pentax.
But they don't stock a lot of Pentax gear, so it's faster and cheaper to buy
accessories from the Web.
The reason they don't push Pentax more is partly because of Pentax's marketing
department, which hasn't been very aggressive, and partly because the Pentax
reseller here is also the main reseller for Fuji, and makes most of it's
money from that.

And I'm not really sure I own the only *ist-D in the country. It was just a
handy excuse for having to buy one.

Incidentally, my friend paid me a visit last night and I happened to read your
reply as we sat by the computer, uploading some pictures I took for his store
from the*ist-D. It turns out that Bjork is a semi-regular customer at his
store. My girlfriend was nearby, and she told us that Bjork and she had been
together in class for most of elementary school (Bjork was considered very
weird even then). Small world, isn't it?
And on a related note, I was going to ask you if you wanted any of Bjork's
CD's that are perhaps not available where you live. But, since you said you
liked Bjork but not her music I won't offer any help :-)

Also, thanks for the offer to help me spend my idle money,  but my girlfriend
has already taken care of that nagging problem for me.

Thrainn