From: Tanya Mayer Photography [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 18 December 2003 6:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: *Australian GFM (Abridged/Consolidated)*

Ok, since you all seem so interested in "Wolfang Park" (lol, it is actually
Wolfang PEAK, that is the name of a mountain, and the entire mountain range
is called the "Gemini Mountains").  I have just put together a small
collection of my feeble attempts at landscape photography in the area. No
"pay outs" necessary, I am well aware of how hopeless I am at landscape
photography, and most other photography in general if there aren't any
people involved....

The first four shots on the pages (with the kids in them) were taken with
the cokin 173 blue/yellow polariser (i think it was Ryan? who was interested
in it?).  FYI, the water behind the kids is what we call "The Laggy"
(shortened, in typical Aussie manner from "Hood's Lagoon").  I took those 4
shots last week, prior to us receiving the first rain that we have had up
here for over a year, and the "Laggy" was completely green, slimy and almost
empty, that little polariser is a GENIUS!

Oh, here's the link:

http://www.tanyamayer.com/clermont/index.html

The shot immediately following the four with the kids, is Wolfang Peak that
Bob referred to and there is also a black and white one there too.  In the
foreground of these shots, (and #6 is a closeup of it), you will see
sorghum, which is a very common crop around these parts, but when
photographed at the right time of year, it can make for some very cool
shots.  We also have huge sunflower fields and cotton fields around here,
but again, you need to be here at the right time of year, and it is hard to
predict when that might be with the drought the way it is.  USUALLY, it is
around Aug/Sept.  So now, having looked at that link, you have pretty much
seen anything that is remotely of photographic interest in these parts, so
lets start to think of some more exotic locations - NZ sounds pretty good to
me, but I do still like the sound of Kevin's offer too...

tan.