AFAIK, it was possible to identify MZ-S bodies that are affected by
entering Serial # at the following URL on Pentax Homepage:

http://www.pentax.co.jp/japan/news/information/20010619-s.html

I did try it two years ago when I bought MZ-S. Return info was that
my MZ-S is clear. The unfortunate part of this is that, obviously,
page is not available anymore. So this won't help you much, I'm
afraid. Maybe somebody can still find out the corresponding page
somewhere else on Pentax pages.

Matjaž