On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:13:03 -0500, you wrote:

>After speaking with Pentax USA and having no luck cleaning the contacts,
>I'm going to send them the *istD body and the FA 50, FA 100 macro, and
>the FA 135.  Although it seems funny, they still think it might be the
>lenses even though they work on the MZ-S and the ZX-7.   What really
>confused them was that the aperture wouldn't register AND the AF won't
>engage.  I'll wait a week, however, so I can use the camera over the
>holidays (since it works with other lenses).
>

>Steven Desjardins
>Department of Chemistry
>Washington and Lee University
>Lexington, VA 24450
>(540) 458-8873
>FAX: (540) 458-8878
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

That's a lot of gear to send. May I caution you to have everything
insured yourself before you send it, with something like an all-risks
policy.

Pentax USA screwed me out of an thousand-dollar A* 200/4 Macro several
years back. I sent it for repair, I never got it back, and Pentax in
Colorado refused to file a claim with UPS.

Luckily for me this lens was covered by my State Farm all-risks
policy, which paid off immediately, or else I would have been left
holding a very empty bag.

I should have took my own advice recently. I sold a piece of gear on
ebay, sent it uninsured because the guy declined to pay for the
insurance, he now says he did not get it, and it looks like I will be
out my gear and having to pay a refund. Rats.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com