I hate to put my foot into this ring since I never had any of the old lenses
but...

Rob typed this:  "Pentax have removed lens aperture rings, disabled
> aperture ring operation on bodies etc and this is just over a year after
the
> last limited lens hit the shelves and not so long after we were teased
with the
> MZ-D. Talk about misleading."

Now, I must ask, did Pentax ever SAY they were going to continue to do what
they'd been doing?  Did they ever say they'd keep the A rings or continue to
fully support the K&M lenses?
I know it seems like they had a good thing going with their compatibility
but did you just assume they would continue that trend?
Seems to me they don't really say much of anything about their intentions
and future plans.

I think you misled yourself.

Cory

---