----- Original Message -----
From: "Tanya Mayer Photography" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> " Nemo " by  Christian Skofteland, - underwater photography is something
> that has been slowly building my curiosity in the past year or two, and
> having the Great Barrier Reef only four hours drive away - it is really
> something I should learn about.  The vibrancy of the colours are fantastic
> here and the focus and composition are just great.  Amazing to think that
> you took this shot whilst under water!  Oh, and I showed it to my kids
too,
> and it was obviously a resounding success! I *possibly* would have cropped
> fair wack of the out of focus pink side of the anemonae, off but still not
> sure if it would really benefit this image or not.  Either way, I love
it...

Thanks, tan.  I'm horribly jealous that you are a four-hour drive to the
reef! (I'm sure there are other travel considerations to make, like a boat
etc, but it's an easy weekend trip).  I was lucky enough to get away for a
three-day trip when I was visiting my wife's relies last October.

As far as the focus and composition goes, I've learned how to use the Optio
330 underwater and my buoyancy control was the best it's ever been.  I must
admit that I did tweak the colors in PS because of the loss of red light at
depth.  I didn't go overboard and I compared the colors to other photos of
the same type of fish.

I tried numerous versions of cropping the shot and really liked this one the
most.  The relationship between fish and anemone is very special and I
wanted to convey that in the picture.

Thanks again!

Christian