On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 11:11:12AM +1000, Rob Studdert wrote:
> On 2 Jan 2004 at 20:47, Pieter Nagel wrote:
>
> > And even if Digital should be replaced by Quantum Imaging, I can at least
> > take a Quantum image of my negative and reverse the colours in
> > PhotoGalaxy.
>
> However you might not see much. A lot of my dads colour negs from the '60-'70
> don't even contain enough data to make a crude B&W print these days.

Ah, but it is *Quantum* imaging I am talking about... :-)

Ok. So I overestimate the average longevity of negatives. So I'm left with
saying, er, that it is easier to accidentally delete a digital picture
than a frame from a negative, yup, that's the ticket.

But honestly, it's actually just that I *like* the physicality of the film
medium, despite being a professional computer programmer (or maybe,
because of it). Storing an image using a 2D grid of molecules of varying
densities feels just so, well, elegant and simple. Maybe because molecules
don't crash and have bugs as often.

That said, despite knowing that the fast majority of my photography
henceforth will be digital. I have a sneaky suspicion that a lot of my
future film work will be with the LX, due to the OTF metering, of a future
foray into medium format.

--
     ,_