Hi,

Dag T wrote:
> I like this type of cold.  It is easy to get sufficient clothing
> (usually around here there is no wind when the temperature creeps below
> -20), the air is dry and extremely clear and there is this crunching
> sound when you walk on the snow.
>
> Combinations of wind, snow and rain around zero feels much colder.

Agreed.  I live on the North Sea coast and February is my favourite
month - not!  Last year, I was in Siberia in February and, even allowing
for the novelty value, over (under?) -20 there was much more pleasurable
than +2 here, with the sleet coming off the grey water on an easterly
wind and.......

You get the picture.

mike