Peter wrote:
"This is a copy of a post from a few weeks ago  -  I re-send it because it
is
relevant to what Todd was saying to Tania about using K mount lenses on an
MZ50.  Note this is by Erwin Vereecken not myself.  I think it's quite
clever though.

Just thinking of something,

> If you put your M50 f1.7 on your MZ-50, for more then just one occasional
> shot, you could do the following:
>
> Manually select an ISO speed of 2 and 2/3 stops lower then reality (ISO16
> for and ISO100film, ISO 32 for a 200film, etc..)
>
> With the camera on manual, the light meter will now show you
> which diaphragm
> to select. The middle of the meter range will be f4.0, one higher
> f5.6, one
> lower f2.8 etc, all the way from f1.4(which you don't have) to f11,
> including the half stops.
>
> Should work fairly quick, withouth calculations.
>
> There is a theoretical 1/6 stop overexposure, but that should'nt have a
> visible influence on the result. If you think your camera has a
> tendency to
> overexpose anyway, lower ISO speed by 2 and 1/3 stop, that will give a
> theoretical underexposure of 1/6 stop.
>
> It's not real easy, because if you would have several manual lenses, you
> would have to change ISO everytime you change lens, f.i. for a f2.8, lens
> ISO would have to be lowered 1 stop to keep f4 in the midle, and if you
> mount an automatic lens in between, you shouldn't forget to put
> ISO back to
> nominal."

Peter thanks for your attempt to help me here, but I have only one thing to
say "wwooooooosh!"  That all just went straight over my head!  Well, not
really, but I am sitting here trying what Erwin suggests and I can't for rhe
life of me get my meter to do anything but flash at me in any other mode
except tv - no matter what ISO I set it at.  I have a T400CN loaded at the
moment and I am clueless here!  I did notice however that you mentioned that
this is for "K" mount lenses; the lens I am using is a Tamron with PKA
adaptall, would this make any difference?

Thanks in advance.

Tanya.